The compression moulding process is a method specifically used to produce composite material parts to replace traditional metal parts. It is a moulding method that puts preheated polymer into an open heated mould cavity. After closing the mould, pressure is applied to force the material to contact all areas of the mould. Throughout the process, heat and pressure are maintained until the polymer is cured.
Although thermoset or thermoplastic can be compression moulded, most applications today use thermoset polymers. Compression moulding is a large-capacity, high-pressure plastic moulding method suitable for moulding complex high-strength objects. Due to the short cycle time and high productivity, many organizations in the automotive industry have chosen compression moulding to produce parts.
(1) Feeding: Add a specified amount of material into the mould as required. The amount of material directly affects the density and size of the product.
(2) Closing the mould: Close the male mould and the female mould. Note that the closing speed is a fast and slow process. This method of operation is conducive to shortening the non-productive time, avoiding mould wear, and avoiding raw materials being taken out of the air due to too fast clamping. After the mould is closed, the pressure can be increased to heat and pressurize the raw materials.
(3) Exhaust: When moulding thermosetting plastics, in order to exclude these volatiles and the air in the mould, the loose mould can be discharged for a short time. The exhaust operation can shorten the curing time and improve the physical properties of the product.
(4) Curing: The curing of the thermosetting plastic is maintained at the moulding temperature for a period of time. The moulding curing time is usually 30 seconds to several minutes. Too long or too short curing time will affect the performance of the product.
(5) Demoulding and subsequent processing: In order to further improve product quality, thermosetting plastic products are usually processed after demoulding. Can reduce or eliminate the internal stress of the product, which is conducive to improving the performance and strength of the product.
MDC Mould was established in 1997. Now we're a leading compression mold maker in china, including SMC, BMC, GMT, LFT, LWRT, CARBON FIBER. Our experience in mold design and manufacture spans many industries including Automotive, Electrical, House wares, Industrial and many more. For more info about us, please make a visit to us.
Tel: +86 576 84616076
Fax: +86 576 84616079
Mobile: +86 139 0657 3032
Address: No.35-1, Qingfeng Road, North Industrial Estate, HuangYan, Zhejiang,China.