General situation: SMC is a kind of sheet molding material made of resin paste impregnated fiber or chopped fiber mat covered with polyhexene film on both sides. It first appeared in Europe in the early 1960s. Around 1965, the United States and Japan developed this technology one after another.
SMC sheet: The sheet material prepared by the extrusion of unsaturated polyester resin glass fiber filler thickener is called SMC sheet, also known as sheet film. Plastic SMC is divided into three basic types:
1) SMC-R: Random fiber sheet molding compound. The length of glass fiber is generally less than 5cm, and the distribution in the resin is random. The number after R indicates the content of glass fiber, for example, SMC-R50 indicates that the content of glass fiber is 50%.
2) SMC-C: Continuous glass fiber sheet molding compound. The reinforcing material in plastics is; continuous long glass fiber, arranged in a certain direction. The molding fluidity in the direction of the plastic fiber is small, and the mechanical strength is high.
3) SMC-D: oriented glass fiber sheet molding compound. Reinforcement materials in plastics are non-continuous glass fibers with a length of more than 10 cm arranged in a certain direction. Since the fibers are not continuous, the molding fluidity along the fiber arrangement direction is improved.
4) The selection of unsaturated polyester should meet the following requirements:
1. Low viscosity or solid powder, convenient for glass fiber impregnation or mixing.
2. Easy to react with thickener to meet thickening requirements.
3. It can cure quickly and improve production efficiency.
4. It has high thermal rigidity to ensure that the part will not be damaged when it is demolded.
5. It has sufficient toughness and does not crack when the workpiece is deformed.
1. Adding different fillers greatly reduces the cost, and can meet the requirements of lightweight and low shrinkage.
2. High production efficiency, suitable for mass production.
3. Due to accurate weighing and loading, the material utilization rate is high.
4. Good working environment for closed mold forming.
5. The molding process is simple, easy to mechanize and automate, save manpower, and does not require high proficiency of workers. F. Large-scale products can be formed.
1. Only suitable for larger size products.
2. The initial investment in presses, molds, and pressurizing devices is large.
Tel: +86 576 84616076
Fax: +86 576 84616079
Mobile: +86 13906573507(Mr. Wang)
Address: No.35-1, Qingfeng Road, North Industrial Estate, HuangYan, Zhejiang,China.